Monday, November 22, 2010

Good News!

Emery's cultures are all negative today and he hasn't had a fever for more than 12 hours! His GI team rounded this morning and said they are comfortable stopping antibiotics and calling this yucky bug a virus. Praise the Lord! (I never thought I'd be so thankful for a virus). So it looks like we will be going home this afternoon. Emery sure had everyone worried with his three day high fever. Unfortunately, his line will not be removed for at least two weeks now to make sure all of this blows over. Thanks to everyone who has been praying for him. The power of prayer is amazing! Now we just need to get him well for the minor surgery it takes to remove the Broviac so we can visit over the holidays and breath a sigh of relief.

Here is a photo of Lainey last night. David brought her up to the hospital in her Packers sweats so they could enjoy the game in style. Turned out she could sport them proudly since the Packers won. :) It is tough keeping her from touching everything in the room, including the disease covered floor. Heart beats were just one of the many distractions. Maybe she is practicing for her future in Peds surg... I guess only time will tell. :)

1 comment:

Connor and Jana said...

I am sure those were a scary three days!! I am glad that things are going better for little Emery. I am bummed for you that his catheter has to stay in a little bit longer! We have been praying for you and will continue too. The power of prayer is amazing and does work! Are you going to be able to go back to Oregon for Christmas?