Sunday, February 8, 2015

Florida State Fair

A great time had by all yesterday. The kids were thrilled with their three rides and cotton candy. I thought making butter and sampling fresh oranges and kumquats in the agriculture building was the best. They gave all of us an ounce of cream to shake for five minutes- voila! Butter for our saltines! It was sunny and 70, which made for perfect picnic conditions. Really, the best part of all was watching the kids have fun all day looking at animals and hanging out together. It brought back memories of my own trip to the Oregon state fair when I was Lainey's age (minus the car breaking down). I never realized that must have been so frustrating for my poor dad. Now that I have my own kids in the back seat I have a a whole new perspective! Another check off of the Florida list! Time here seems to be flying all of a sudden....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like so much fun! I bet they lived the helicopter and Corvette. Seems like with each kid the clock moves faster and faster! See you all soon!