Here is a view of our home and neighborhood for those of you who have heard so much about it. These were taken just a few days ago. It is still fairly green here but it was even greener before- we haven't had more that about half an inch of rain in the past month, according to the weather man. We haven't had to mow the lawn for about a month now since it has gotten a bit dry and doesn't grow much except where we have some crab grass, which seems to live through anything.
It actually worked out well that it hasn't been growing much since our lawn mower won't start. We have it in the shop right now until next week- Maynard Battery is the name of the shop and I wish we could take everything we need fixed there! The man who owns the place is so nice to talk to and it reminds me of one of those small town repair shops. He said it has been in business since the 20s and his family has owned it since the 50s.
Anyway, the first photo is of our back yard. I was standing under the tree in the back yard when I took the photo. The tree actually grows in the neighbor's back yard but we have the benefit of its shade in the corner. The next one is taken from the side of our front yard: this is our street. The little brick house you see there always has the most beautiful flowers, which seem to be changing color with the seasons. The lady who lives there had lots of purple red and pink this summer and now there are lots of yellows and oranges for fall. I love looking at the flowers from our bedroom window. I hope to get some bulbs in the ground next week so I have some color this spring. All we have right now are a few green bushes and a half dead rose. We decided to wait until next year to worry much about the yard. There are also a few photos of the front. We have one tree, which is enormous. It provides shade over the house most of the day and keeps it cool in here when I don't feel like running the air conditioning. I love having the windows open during the day to hear the birds and feel the wind blow. You'll see more of the inside in the future as we take more photos.
So this is our Bellwood home. Small but perfect for our little family. I love it!





3 comments:
I love the yellow! It's so perfect! I want to paint my kitchen yellow one day. It looks so peaceful and quite...but maybe that' s just because my kids are finally down for their naps...
Looks like a great place to live!
im ready to play some football and have a bbq
that me was me so delete that one. i can leave messages now. sweet back yard
Post a Comment