We sure do have a lot to be thankful for this year! Our health, David's match at the U of M, graduation from OHSU, a successful move, our own home, very supportive family and friends :), great fellow residents for David to work with (and their wonderful wives), a new church family, visitors, the continued good health of the Camry, and our baby girl. God truly blessed us with a beautiful child. This year we shared the holiday with David Stubbs who is also away from his family for Thanksgiving. It was nice to have company over because it gave me an excuse to cook Thanksgiving dinner. I can't imagine a holiday without leftovers! Stubbs is from a large family as well so we all agreed that it felt strange not to have a huge gathering.
Rather than cook a turkey this year, David requested a Honey Baked Ham...whew, I dodged that for one more year! I have never prepared a turkey on my own so I'm not sure I want people over to witness my first attempt. :) I did however try a new recipe for stuffing from my brother's girlfriend- she is such a great cook. The stuffing is oh so good- and thank goodness it turned out! Lainey was good the whole time in her swing or on the floor, intermittently sleeping and watching Mamma cook. Another perfect day!
No comments:
Post a Comment