Helllloooo again! It's been a while, but I wanted to make sure everyone gets to see photos of Lainey's 1st birthday before she turns 2! This is Lainey's 1st gift for her birthday. We usually wait to open packages we get in the mail until the day of, but in this case I had a sneakin' suspicion that we might be able to incorporate this one into her party. We waited for Daddy to help her, and we had to wait until after her teeth were brushed.
Sooo cute! We had to try it on- yes, over her PJs. She had fun dancing around in the poof with Mona (her sock monkey).
Here are a few of the decorations- we even have little party baggies full of teddy grahams (pooh grahams) for the kids to take home with them.

The Pooh cake, of course. It doesn't come out to clear in the photo, but Pooh was sporting a dark pink shirt in honor of Lainey's pink party. His guts were made of carrot cake, which seemed more like bear guts to me than
chocolate or vanilla cake would have been. Plus, at least that way she got some fruit and veggies along with her enormous piece of cake! Carrot cake is also a family birthday favorite in David's family, thanks to his mom's great recipe...
mmm.
Here we are waiting for the fun to begin. Food's all ready and Lainey is ready to greet her guests.
Eight of Lainey's friends and their Mommies and Daddies came to help her celebrate her birthday.
We had lasagna, salad, jello and rolls for dinner. Thanks for the photo Daddy- Grandma and I were cooking all afternoon- but we had a lot of fun!

We were worried that it might rain, but it ended up being a very nice afternoon. We moved the party outside to eat dinner where there was more room.

Pretty dress and messy food...nope...
...we broke out the Packers bib- you were there in spirit Steven!
Is it time for cake yet mom?

Wait for it...
...make a wish bebe! Lainey didn't know how to blow out the candle so I helped her.

Then we got down to business. We were all anxious to find out just how she would attempt to eat her first piece of cake. There you have it- no hands necessary!

Wait, you can stuff it in faster if you use your hands!

Thank goodness we decided to take her dress off before the
cakestravaganza. Aunt Agnes- I know you told me it washes, but I couldn't bear to watch her paint food dye all over it the first time she wore it. She did keep the bloomers on though- nice touch.

Proud Momma and Dede of the 1 year old.

This is the last of her second piece of cake. I don't think there was too much damage done. Ha! However, one of the Daddies did encourage her to smear some of the pink frosting in her hair, as you can see above her ear- gee thanks!
No harm done, bath time was especially fun. Again, before we could get to presents we had to brush the teeth...priorities in this house, you know! Also note: the Pooh PJ bottoms. They are fitting her better than they did at Christmas and they were perfect to go with her party!
As soon as I saw the UPS man deliver the Packers box I knew who it was from. I think we get a packers box in the mail for every major holiday. What a thoughtful friend.
Lainey got a piglet to add to her Pooh friends collection, and a new baby, who she couldn't wait to get out of the box before she showered her with kisses. As soon as David got it out for her she put it in one arm and fed her with the bottle, just like she sees me do with the little guy we watch during the day. It was the cutest thing I've ever seen! They really are like sponges.
One of her friends gave her a Halloween costume, so I guess we know what she will be for Halloween!
Lainey is also all set for the next big Michigan tailgate party. Woohoo! Wolverine sweats- she must be a Michigan baby!
I wish I would have caught the look on her face when she pulled this one out of the big bag. One of her friends got her a little robot, which scared the "Pooh" out of her. So funny. She picked it up out of the bag, looked at it, gave me a mad look and dropped it as quick as she could. Then, very cautiously, she picked it up again and seemed to be ok after I took it out of the bag for her. She loved the wrapping on this one.
Great-Grandpa Merrill got her a little electronic book that helps her learn her colors, numbers, letters, and animals. Along with an animal puzzle and sign language classes. (Rather than getting her something to take back on the plane he gave her money to go shopping, so I figured it would be nice for him to see what he got her).
GGMa and GGPa also gave her some money, so we went and got her some blocks and legos so she can play with Dede. David loved legos when he was a kid, so they should have lots of fun with these!

Momma is happy about her a potty chair and potty pants.

Lainey had to take a break to show Grandma how to feed Suzie. Yes, Daddy and Lainey thought long and hard about that one and it was the only name they could agree on. Reminds me a bit of Mara's baby, Sally. Awe, we miss you guys.

Lainey loved all the tissue paper.
Thanks also to Grandpa Al and Patty for the cute outfits and gift card- we will find something special for her. Thanks to Grandpa Paul too! I still can't believe it took less than 24 hours for your package to get here, Dad. I LOVE the monkey PJs!! I'll think of you every time she wears them.
What a perfect day! We missed having our whole family there to celebrate but we had a wonderful time celebrating with David's mom and our Michigan friends. I can't believe a whole year has passed. I must say, it's been probably the best of our lives. Thank you everyone for thinking of our Lainey on her special day!!!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday! I can't believe she is a year old already...this just reminds me that Jonathan's birthday is just around the corner. My how time flies!
Woah! when did she grow up?! What a pretty girl! Looks like the party was a blast, and I love the pretty girl
She is getting so big! I love the red hair. It looks like she had a great party. I love the Pooh Bear Cake! Once again I say, you are so creative and so good at whatever you do. She is a cutie!!
Post a Comment