Friday, October 7, 2011

Team Emery: T-Shirts/Race Info

Hello Everyone!
We finally have our t-shirts for the "BIG HOUSE, BIG HEART" race! As you know, it will be happening this Sunday morning 10/9. Wahoo! The weather is supposed to be beautiful!
Here is where I will be so you can pick up your shirts:
10:00 am Friday: Home Med
12:00 pm Friday: OMFS clinic at the University of Michigan, between 12:00 and 12:45 pm.
1:00 pm Friday: Traveling to a few other places within the hospital (call, text, or email me if you want me to meet you somewhere in house, unless we have already arranged something).
3:00 pm Friday: Grace Bible Church from 3:00 to 3:45.
5:00 pm Friday through Saturday: I will be home or close to it (call, text, or email me if you would like to come by and pick up your shirt so I can be sure I am here).
7:30 am Sunday: Gate 8 of the stadium, at the intersection of South Main and Keech- see map below- (please let me know if you are going to be picking up your shirt at the race so I know to be looking for you).
 Michigan Stadium Map
The shirts cost $8.40, but as stated in my original email, we are hoping to collect additional donations to give to TPN Research. Cash or check (made out to Melissa Wilson) will be great.
We will have extra shirts, so if you have yet  to order one, or you know someone else who wants a shirt, we've got you covered. ALSO, YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE PARTICIPATING IN THE RACE TO ORDER A SHIRT AND/OR DONATE TO THE CAUSE!
Race Day:
7:30 am: Team Emery shirts available at Gate 8 until 9:00 am. 
7:45 am: 10 K group photo
8:00 am: 10 K Starts
8:45 am: 5 K group photo
9:10 am: 5 K Starts (David and I will be walking the 5 K with Emery and Lainey in the stroller, so if you have kids and/or aren't running for time we can all take off together if you would like it usually takes us about an hour to walk it with the kids).
10:20 am: Mott's 1 Mile Starts
10:30 am: 1 Mile Starts (We won't be able to take photos at the start of this one, if you are running this one please email me a photo of your self or your group if possible).
*We will be hanging out on the field for a little bit after to see everyone and take more photos of Emery with all his supporters, so if you are able to stick around we would love to see you.  
Here is the race info again if you need it:

Race Registration:
Team Emery Description:
Donation Page: (Be sure to select Team Emery/TPN Research from the drop down menu at the bottom of the page).

It is still possible to make a donation online for a week or so after the race. Champions for Charity will be contacting me within the next few weeks with the final amount donated, so I will email you again when I have that information so you know how much you helped us raise for TPN research at the University of Michigan.
*If you have forwarded my emails to someone who might be interested in the past, please forward this email to them as well (in case they are planning to participate but I don't have their email address).
  
Thanks again for all of your support! See you soon!

Melissa

No comments: