Sunday, December 4, 2011

Team Emery Final Update

Hello Friends and Family!
 
First of all, Emery is doing very well. He continues to catch up physically and is now walking and dancing all over by himself. He is as joyful and smiley as ever. His lab work continues to look good and he is now off of TPN for 8 hours each day (up from 6 hours) and tolerating it well. It is quite cute, actually; when I unhook him each day he says happily, in his tiny little boy voice, "I'm free." His love of life and how content he is inspires me every day. He just started talking well enough to string some words together during prayer time. Tonight he actually said, "thank you, God, for my Lainey... my Mommy... my Daddy...  my doctors..." :) He has a little encouragement, of course, but he is so precious. I love my little Bubba.
 
I wanted to give you a final update about the Big House Big Heart run this past October. I'm sorry I wasn't able to update you sooner but I wanted to wait until we knew how much was donated on line so I only had to bug you once. Champions for Charity sent us the donations last week, so I added that to what was donated in person and now we have our results! We raised $3730.76, which I will be taking in with me to Emery's appointment tomorrow morning. I am so excited about the turnout we had at the race and the support we have had from all over the country in name of Emery. David and I cannot thank you enough for showing your support in this way. As you know, the money you sent will be funding TPN research in some way. Our hope is that through research or clinical studies, there will continue to be advancement in the management of patients dependant on TPN. Thank you so much again for all of your contributions, your prayer, and your support this year. Emery is so loved and we are all so blessed to know him.   
 

No comments: