Sunday, September 28, 2014

Birthday weekend

...and the celebration continued. Slight change in plans though. We ended up picking weeds with our church on Saturday morning, so we skipped the aquarium and settled for watching Dolphin Tale 2 and eating cake. I was toiling over how on earth I was going to make a dolphin cake but she let me off easy this year when she said she wanted a chocolate and strawberry cake, which she begged me to let her help with. Then tonight we went to the beach for a swim to finish off her birthday weekend. I was worried that she would miss having a "party" but it seemed like she had a wonderful time with a balloon, cake, a movie, and some packages in the mail (thank you- that was the hi light of her week!!). The day after her birthday she seemed a little disappointed and said, "I'm six now, but I don't feel any different." If she only knew...
Praise God for my little Girl. I love you Lainey!!

1 comment:

Lil-Lytnin said...

Happy birthday, Lainey! It is strange not celebrating with you guys, but it sounds like you made it a great weekend, and that cake looks delicious!