Monday, January 26, 2009

Hanging out, enjoying the new year

Not much going on in the month of January. We were trapped inside a lot with the cold weather. It didn't get above freezing much at all for a long time, which means all of the pretty white snow we had just sticks around and gets a little brown from the road grime. Our car gets fairly nasty as well, so we got a pass to the local car wash to try and ward off some of the salt damage. We see other Camrys driving around from the same year with holes in the sides of them from the rust! It is only a matter of time, I guess. Such a shame...she was a beautiful car :(. Every time we take her in for an oil change or to get the tires rotated the service guys comment on how she is in such great condition and that we must not be from around here. I even had one guy make a pass at her (took one look under the hood and wanted to take her home with him!)...ha! ;) I guess the salt's not all that bad- at least we aren't slipping and sliding every where we go, like we would be in Oregon with these freezing temps.
I went through the car was the other day before I went to pick up David. It was so cold that the extra water left on the car must have frozen as soon as we drove out of the car wash, because when David tried to get into the car it was frozen shut. He got it open without too much trouble but closing it again was another matter. The latch was stuck open and wouldn't keep the door shut so he had to hold the door shut the whole way home! We were hoping that it would thaw in the garage over night or how would I get back home after dropping him off in the morning! All ended up well, but we learned not to wash this particular car when it is below zero.
Here are a few of my favorite photos from around the house this month. It was actually kind of nice to be stuck inside a lot because Lainey and I got to work out a schedule and get used to her favorite times to nap- life is so much easier for all involved when you can respond immediately to sleep ques. We also played, sang songs, and read books. I have so much fun with my baby Lain.

Just hanging out after Christmas.


"Good night Daddy, I can't make it to midnight tonight," she says. "That's ok, I can't either- I have to work in the morning!"


My first day of 2009, Happy New Year!!!
New year's resolution: more tummy time.





Look at those pretty baby blues. She is looking more like her Daddy all the time. She definitely has his eyes.


Lainey has been a good sport with the sewing. "I'm good as long as I can hang out with you Mom...boy that is interesting, I wonder how that thing works..."


She laughs so hard when you smack your lips on her neck. I remember my Mom doing that to me too. We just love making her laugh.


Since Lainey doesn't move around much yet, I put her on the bed while I get ready. My dresser is right beside the bed, so she likes to look at herself if I have her on her tummy or at me if she is on her back. Here I was getting ready and next thing I know she is zonked out. Her morning nap is her favorite so if I don't put her down she falls asleep wherever she is. Notice that not only is she on the edge of the bed, she is wrapped up in my bath robe belt, which I had been tickling her with a minute earlier- bad Mom! It was pretty cute though- don't worry I didn't leave her like this!



Here is a classic photo...baby in the basket. Lainey loves her laundry basket rides up from the basement when we do laundry. We say weeee, weeee, weeee, all the way up the stairs to our room where she plays peek-a-boo while we fold clothes. She loves it!


It got above 20 degrees on this day, so I strapped Lainey to me with the Moby and we went out for a walk. Her rosy cheeks are so cute. She is always so quiet during walks, just looking around- or sleeping- she still falls asleep a lot. She also still grunts if the wind blows in her face.


Play time!



This is the rattle she got for Christmas. I tie it on her car seat when we go places and she loves to bat at it.

Is this baby getting bigger or is the chair just getting smaller?


This is the other toy she got for Christmas. The stem has a bell in it that she likes to hear ring when it shakes.


She always "helps" Mamma make the bed in the morning- today we stopped to play and take some photos instead.





Lainey also likes to help Mamma cook and wash dishes.
Who needs fancy toys when you can just use Mom's toys. This spatula, for example, can be used to chew on and to make niose when beating the Bumbo!
Not a lot of scenic variety this month but the subject is cute enough to make up for that.

No comments: