Thursday, January 29, 2009

Time for bed...wait, Daddy's home time to hang out!

We have started to give Lainey a bed time because she seemed to be tired at the same time every day and we wanted a little more predictable schedule for her. She is such a great sleeper as long as we just encourage her to sleep when she is ready rather than waiting until she gets too tired. I was waiting until David got home to put her to bed and that wasn't working very well because it is any one's guess when he might be home when he is on call at the hospital. Her bed time is now 7:30pm and she will usually sleep until we have to take David to work in the morning between 5:30am and 6 am. Then she goes right back to bed from 6:30 am 'till 9 am or 10 am depending on how tired she is.
Occasionally, David will still get home right around the time she is going to bed and she will get to stay up for a few extra minutes to see her Daddy. Here you see she is getting all ready for bed. We keep three of her little stuffed friends on the changing table for her to chat with while she is up for a change. The pink butterfly has crinkly wings, the green flower baby has a bell inside and the yellow beanie bear just gives her lots of kisses.
Since she is sleeping through the night we have started using a hemp insert for her diapers, which are also hemp. A few weeks ago I ordered the rest of our diapers from a company in Oregon. They get the hemp diapers from a place in Eugene where they are made. It always feels good to support local businesses and I have been so happy with the diapers. Hemp is super absorbent, which prevents excess liquid from soaking her clothes. These diapers also wash up easier and dry faster than others I have used. I finally found my favorites! If you can't tell, I'm still a huge fan of cloth diapers. I love them!

As I was saying, if David gets home in time, Lainey hangs out with him for a bit while he finishes up his work. We borrowed this little chair she is sitting in from a friend- it is called a Bumbo seat and it is so handy. It has been great to keep her upright when she is sitting on hard surfaces. At this point she was still a little wobbly and this seat prevented her from tipping over and whacking her head on the wood floor, or in this case falling off of the table. She loves seeing her Daddy at night. He can get some of the best laughs out of her when he gets home. Sometimes she gets what we call the "poker face" and it is so hard to get her to smile but David is usually successful.

No comments: