Wednesday, December 8, 2010
All done!
They finally took Emery back at about 10:00 am- just about an hour and a half later than planned since the OR was so busy today. One of David's med school friends was able to carry him back, give him the iv and watch everything for us. They called us about a half hour later and it was all over! Quite quick just as they said. Emery was happy to see us- a little sleepy and a lot hungry. :) We were able to give him his bottle right away and he ate it like he never had a tube down his throat at all. Like David said, it took longer to clean and prep the room than it did to sedate him and remove the catheter. I felt so happy when I saw him without his Broviac. This really is a great milestone for Emery and the best Christmas gift of all for me. I even slept like it was the night before Christmas! Isn't he beautiful?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment