Tuesday, December 7, 2010
The day has come!
This may come to you after we have already come home from the hospital, but please be praying for Emery. They called us today with an OR time with the surgeons to remove his catheter! It is an out patient procedure, so we will arrive at the hospital at 7:30 am for his 8:30 surgery appointment. They will be sedating him because the catheter has a cuff that has grown into his chest (purposely so that it wouldn't pull out as easily). After a simple procedure to remove that anchor he will be catheter free and will be bathing with Lainey by Monday- a novelty he has not yet been able to enjoy. It will be nice not to have to worry for his life and admit him to the hospital every time he gets a fever. Unfortunately, we will still need to draw blood once every other week, so please pray that he is brave for the pokes. I will send an update when he is in recovery tomorrow and let everyone know how he is doing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Melissa,
I did send out a email to Rolling Hills friends and my good friends I have dinner with once a month. You remember the Ladies Night Out with Sally, Anna, Laurie and Sandy. I love all of you. Lord God please have your angels around Emery doing his surgery. Guide the surgeons hand and protect baby Emery. Love you Emery.
G-ma pat
Post a Comment