
David and I are proud to introduce our baby girl, Lainey Mae Wilson. On Monday, September 22
nd, the much anticipated induction date, we packed up our bag and pillows and went to the hospital. When asked by the triage nurse what my appointment was for I told her I was there to have a baby. This isn't how I had always pictured the process unfolding but there we were. On the way to the hospital it felt like we were on our way to the airport for a vacation. It seemed like I would be more nervous but the whole process was more exciting than anything. We checked in at about 7:45 pm and met my nurse for the night. Her name was Jen and I couldn't have asked for a more caring and compassionate nurse.

She made me feel comfortable and safe and described what I would be experiencing along the way. She also supported my decision to try labor and delivery without pain medication, which made it a lot easier to go through with. After the check in and dress down process I was all hooked up to the monitors and ready to be induced- this was all new to me since it was my first time in a hospital bed, my first IV and my first baby. Since I was already
dilated they started P
itocin at 10:15 pm and instructed us to get some rest before the hard labor began. My contractions became
noticeable around 12:00 and became more and more regular until 1:00 am when they said labor had begun.

I was able to get through the contractions on my own until about 6:00 am when they came in to check on me and decided to break my water. Up until that point the room was nice and dark and relaxing so David and my mom could try and get some rest. My mom got the wooden rocking chair and David claimed the extenda-sofa chair- both looked even more uncomfortable than a hospital delivery bed. At 6:15 am they broke my water and my contractions got progressively harder. Right at the point when I thought I might cave and take some pain relief, I felt the urge to push and told David to get the nurse who then left to get the doctor.

A short 19 minutes later Lainey Mae popped out like a little super woman with her arm up next to her head (which was also her favorite way to sleep for the first week). My labor was medication free and lasted a total of 6 hours and 38 minutes- not too bad for baby #1.
So it is official, Lainey's birthday is September 23, 2008 at 7:34 am. She weighed 8 lbs and 8oz and was 21.5 inches long. As you can see in the photos, she has plenty of nice dark hair- though it seems to be turning a little red as the days go by. She was holding her head up at 1 week and lost her "belly button" on her two week birthday. So far she is a great eater, poops plenty, and has been an easy baby. Daddy and I couldn't be happier.

David got Tuesday - Sunday off to get to know his little girl.

He looks like such a natural Dad. Lainey loves laying on his chest for naps and listening to his Disney movie song remix. I was
surprised to find out how many songs he still remembers...from
Aladdin to the Little Mermaid, David had them on instant recall for little Lainey.
6 comments:
She is so cute! I am so glad that everything went well for you and you were able to deliver medication free! I am glad that you and the baby are both doing good! I will call you one of these days! I love seeing the pictures! Post more
She's beautiful! Congratulations! Also, great job on doing it all on your own! Super baby must have a super mom! I loved the detailed labor story! Hope you both are adjusting well and recovery went as smoothly as delivery! YAY!
Yeah! She's here! Congratulations. Great job without any pain meds. I am a wimp when it comes to that! I had to have an epidural right away! Hope all is going well for you. I'm so excited for you both!
yeah congratulations! She's a beauty! And way to go with out the epidural ( I keep telling myself someday) and I am glad it was only 6 hours that's awesome!
So happy for you guys...! She is gorgeous!
So we have something in common now...we both gave birth on September 23rd...although mine was a baby boy who is now 9 years old and was just a slight bigger than Lainey...:o) OH and I wasn't as brave...I had to have the drugs...LOL! Thanks for sharing the pics...
hey guys, she looks beautiful, great job melissa as dave probably had nothing to do with her beauty! miss you guys. - Van
Post a Comment