Here is my other little ham. She was also in the mood to perform on this day. Lainey loves to pick my flowers. Usually I remind her not to pick too many or the plants will go bald- but she was just being too cute today. I put the flowers in her hair and she gave me her cheesiest smile. Then she made them into little boats in her kiddie pool. Being here at the hospital makes some of these silly moments seem so much more dear to my heart than they might otherwise be. I have learned a lot about not sweating the small stuff and about praising God for the happy moments just as sincerely as I pray during sad and uncertain times. Those flowers in Lainey's hair have made an impression that will last long after the memory of a healthy plant. Just as the memory of my little girl working in the garden with her grandma will last long after this season passes.
No comments:
Post a Comment