Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Electrified...Lainey meets Grandpa Wilson

Hello Grandpa Wilson, it is nice to meet you! David's Dad came to visit the first week of December. Again, he was a huge help with all of the electrical projects around the house and garage and it was nice to have someone around to talk to- he loves to talk. As you can see in the pictures, we are also all decorated up and ready for the holiday season!




Ding!... round two on the garage. Al got to work during the week with all of the stuff he could do by himself- since I am not a lot of help. There were a couple of times I held boards where they needed to be while he installed them, but for the most part I was inside with Lainey because it was so cold outside.

After installing the electrical box in the garage, he put in some outside outlets so it will be easier to do work outside- i.e.vacuume the car (David Loves to do that) and plug in Christmas lights :). All that digging James and David did and the only evidence is that little pipe sticking out of the ground in the photo on the left. It worked though- Al was able to pull electricity out to the garage from the house!



Friday night after David got home from work they started in working together. David learned more about electricity and they relabeled all of our household fuses so we know what they go to.





Meanwhile, Lainey and I worked on dinner. This is her favorite place to be when I am in the kitchen- as you can tell from the multitude of photos taken in this spot.





Once the inside electrical was ready they started working outside in the garage. One of our main goals was to install a garage door opener, so all of the boards in the ceiling had to be raised up a foot or two. This part took the longest since, as you can see, some of the boards had to be notched to fit around the studs in the roof.


Lainey and I cooked dinner for them- I'm sure they were ready for a break! I don't think we ate until 9:30 that night. I had so much fun having a guest to cook for again! I love having people over for dinner- I think that is one of the things I miss the most about living so close to our families. We used to have birthdays at our house and I got to try new recipes. Having company is such a nice treat!



Back to work the next day. Al got all of the electricity run throughout the garage. You see him here in our "attic" opening. David is very excited about the storage area up there for the things we rarely use or extra building materials.


David saved some of the trimmings from the tree for me this year. I brought them inside so I could hang out with Lainey...then I had a pitchy mess to keep me busy when I was done.




What on earth are you doing momma?



We're going to make a wreath honey.


Isn't it pretty?...(imagine no tie wraps- you can't see them from far away) :)




Still working...after the electric was ll installed the guys started on the insulation. Believe it or not, that made the garage feel a little warmer than it was outside even with no heat!



Not too much snow yet but it was very cold. It was in the teens and twenties the whole time they were working out there.



I thought I might start another project of my own- I think we might wait a little longer and keep her next to our bed. I'm not ready for the cry it out method yet. Awe she's so sad... :(




OOOH yeah, my favorite part!!!



Me too!




The much anticipated garage door opener! Notice also the sheet rock now covering the insulation. They got the ceiling all done since it was so heavy. We figured David and I could hang the rest together when he has some spare time. Stay tuned for more garage improvements. It has been nice to have a project going.


This is cute. We used our camera for a short video since we don't have a video camera yet. It almost looks like she waved on purpose!

No comments: