Saturday, December 20, 2008

Santa - Baby

Take a look at this guy! If there is a Santa out there I would bet that he would look a little something like this. We had a chance to visit Santa this year when he came to the mall in Ann Arbor. It was so nice to walk around the mall and enjoy some Christmas music while we were waiting for Santa to return from the roof, where he was "feeding his reindeer." Lainey did great. I almost had to wrestle Santa to get her back- I would say by looking at him that it may not have been an easy task! Santa said he loves holding the real little ones because they aren't into the "stranger danger" phase yet. This old man could have been me for all Lainey cared! Lainey may not have wanted anything big for Christmas this year but Santa gave Mommy two tickets to the University of Michigan women's basketball game in February. He must have known Mommy and Daddy needed a day out in this cold Michigan winter. I'm glad we went to visit Santa- I thought the crowd would be unbearable but it wasn't so bad. I don't remember ever going to visit Santa as a kid, however, we did get a personal visit from Santa on Christmas day after he was done "dropping off all of his toys." Uncle Matt always did such a great job as Santa. I remember the year that I finally decided to voice my doubt- I felt proud to be one step closer to becoming an all knowing adult, and sad to have lost one of the fun mysteries of childhood. I was then instructed not to spoil the fun for all of the other kids.

No comments: