Wednesday, December 24, 2008

'Twas the night before Christmas...

This Christmas was going to be the first Christmas David and I had ever spent away from family in Oregon so we didn't know what to expect. We didn't have to worry about being lonely- that's for sure! Clarence and Annie (Clarence is one of the second year residents in David's program) invited us to share Christmas dinner with their family. They were the first to welcome us to the program when we first visited in March of 2008 and we have been getting to know them better over game nights since we moved to Michigan. We were blessed to be able to spend the holiday with them as well. Dinner was wonderful and we got to try yorkshire pudding for the first time, a family tradition for Clarence's family...mmm, yummy. As you can see, they have four beautiful children who are full of energy- especially on Christmas eve! It was so much fun to see how excited the kids were for Christmas. I wish I had taken more pictures- by the time I remembered, it was about time for bed. It was cute to see them say their bed time prayers. They are such well behaved, respectful children that even on Christmas eve, bed time was a breeze- David and I have a lot to learn from these seasoned parents!



We always end up keeping Clarence and Annie awake way longer than we should but it is so much fun to talk to them. By the time we got home it was already midnight!



Before we could open our Christmas eve gifts we had to get a picture of the tree. I don't think I got one before when we decorated it- so here it is! I also thought it was neat that most of the gifts under the tree were shipped to us (Lainey) from our family. They all said they wrapped the gifts in wrapping paper inside, but I thought leaving them in the postal wrap would make a perfect photo to show our first Christmas away from home.




"Oh mom, I don't think I can last for another half an hour- it's already 12:30!"




Daddy got some fun football PJs this year. His friend Steven, who visited us in November got a matching pair.



Mommy got some PJs with a sewing/quilting theme.





Saved the best for last!




Miss Lainey got Pooh PJs!! "I don't know mom, they look a little big..."



"Awe, who cares. They are so soft and silky!" Yes, I made the PJs way too big. That is good though, they will fit her for a while. I'd say at least until she is two, which is good because satin PJs won't be good for crawling so we will have to retire them for a while anyway. Since we don't have a video camera yet... ( ; ) ), I recorded the PJ opening with our regular camera.




1 comment:

Connor and Jana said...

Melissa, all I can say is I wish I had your talent. I have said this many times, but I really mean it. You are so talented and very creative! I wish I had half of your talent. It looks like you had a lot of fun! Lainey looks so cute in her silky jammies!