Hello again! Here is another photo from the same time as the last post. I'll pick up where I left off. I have been busy sewing, so I haven't been blogging- obviously. I have a hard time focusing on more than one thing at a time! I thought this was a very cute photo of Lainey helping Momma. She can sit on her own now, so I'll put her on the counter in front of me while I am washing dishes or cooking. The bumbo now makes her about a quarter inch too tall to sit under the cabinets.
I started volunteering at a local retirement center while I was pregnant with Lainey. They called me to come back and visit so everyone could meet Lainey and I'm so glad we went. I hesitated taking Lainey at first but I am glad that I decided to go. When we arrived I saw our names on the board of things to do for the day and found the activity room full of Grandmas and Grandpas- all excited to see the new baby. Some wanted to just look at her and a few held her for a while. The volunteer coordinator sent us a couple of photos from our visit and a card to let us know how much fun they had meeting our little Lainey.
Here she is at home that night. This one is for my Dad- I remember when I was little and would have my shirt half over my head like this he would call me his little cleaning lady. I'm not sure why this makes you a cleaning lady, but every time a shirt gets stuck on Lainey's head like this I think, "oh, my cute little cleaning lady." Funny how some things stick with you.
3 comments:
What a stinkin' cute little girl! I wish we could get our little ones together to play sometime:) Maybe next trip out here?
Oh she's so adorable! Time does go by faster when you have kids. It's so sad to see them grow up so fast. I guess that's why you have to enjoy all the time you do have with them (except I don't enjoy the naughty tantrum parts!)
Lol,a cleaning lady, eh? I used to do that with my shirts, but I'd pretend the shirt was my hair. When you're doomed to only have short hair...you have to get creative. :) I like that you call the Seniors at the retirement center "grandma's and Grandpa's." That's what I tell my kids they are. I bet they loved it!
Post a Comment