Yay! Here we go to introduce our baby to our family in Oregon! We woke Lainey up around 4:30 am to get to the airport in time for our flight. We didn't get a car seat or a seat for Lainey since she is still so small so Daddy and I took turns holding her during the flight. She did very well on her first flight. She only got a couple of these little cat naps the whole way home because every time she would fall asleep someone would sneeze or move their chair back or bump David in the aisle or the captain would tell us how the weather was. Air planes aren't the most comfortable places, no matter how small you are.
On the way to Minneapolis there were plenty of open seats so we could have had three all to ourselves, but when we got to our seat the college age girl who was sitting there practically clapped her hands in delight to see that we would be sitting next to her with a baby so we squeezed in. She was very nice. The flight to PDX went well also, but was a little awkward. We got to our seats first this time and thought the only remaining empty seat on the plane would be next to us (yay!)- until, at the last minute before they shut the door a mountain man-looking fellow with a long white beard and stringy hair came to sit next to us. "This is going to be interesting," I thought. Here I am, 2 inches from a strange old man from Eugene, OR nursing Lainey, while first her head was crowding his arm rest and then she started kicking his leg. Perfect! The man actually turned out to be quite nice and very understanding.
Grandma and Grandpa Stupfel were at the airport waiting for us with Britt and Trevor, who were excited to meet Lainey. After we got everything together all 7 of us piled into the Escape and went to Grandma Pat's house for lunch and to meet more family.
I don't think my mom wanted to let her go- and Lainey didn't want to let her new toys go. Grandma Pat got her a few new rattly toys to play with. Britt and Trevor helped her open them. It was funny- at one point she was holding a rattle in each hand looking back and forth with this big grin, like they were both so fun she didn't know which one to play with first.
David was so happy to be home and have other guys to throw the "Pig" with again. Always a hi light of his day. Lainey even seemed to like the ball- I hope she has a strong arm- that ball is heavy!
Lainey didn't sleep a wink until that night. With so many new people and new things to look at I don't think I would have been able to either. It was a nice feeling for David and I to be back home. Ahhhh....time to relax- sort of. We have a marathon week planned while David is home.
No comments:
Post a Comment