Daddy was home to play tonight. Lainey loves how he tosses her around and flies her here and there. She is now able to sit on his hand, which he was excited to see. He is still working on the standing thing (like Connor did with Mara- he thought that was such a cute milestone) but sitting will do for now.
This is how you will catch the two of them if there are sports on the television. A little casual flying and - "oh wow dad, did you see that shot..."- yes, it seems that Lainey likes basketball as much as Daddy does. At least she enjoys the colors on the screen, I guess. Good for her because basketball is the only TV she gets to watch. Mommy makes an exception for basketball and football when Daddy is home to relax.
This beautiful happy face is what I get to see each and every day. I started putting her in her bed sometime in February but never thought to take a picture until now. I remember seeing some of David when I went through his baby book so I had to get one of our Lain as well. She started waking up when David got home from work late at night because our stinkin' floor creaks so bad. So, out of the pack and play and into her big girl room and her crib. I didn't think I'd have the guts to do it until she was 6 months old, but I guess 4 months works. She was amazing. No transition time at all. I was worried about whether we would have to let her cry it out or spend hours comforting her- but no, she did great! In fact it was easier because I could just lay her down, shut the door, and not worry about making noise for the rest of the night. Now she only sleeps in her room night time and naps. Good Job Missy Lain!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment